Since the 1940s, the Sidney Lanier Cottage has hosted Macon’s best events. The tradition began with Mrs. McAfee’s tea room, which hosted Bridal teas, rehearsal dinners, and the casual out-of-towner looking for a taste of Southern hospitality. That same hospitality continues today with each event rental. Macon’s brides know that you cannot have a Macon wedding without using the Cottage for a rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, or reception. Find out more and make your reservation by downloading the event rental contract here.
Some of the amenities at the Sidney Lanier Cottage include a landscaped formal garden and patio behind the house, a large Magnolia-shaded front yard, front porch with eight rocking chairs, full catering kitchen with restaurant grade two-oven, ten-burner stove, free Wi-Fi, tables, chairs, linens, glasses and stemware, furnishings, seasonal decorations, handicapped accessibility, and restrooms.
Reserve the Cottage for your Next Event:
- Wedding Rehearsal Dinners
- Bridal Teas
- Corporate Christmas parties
- Cocktail receptions
- Business meetings
- Children’s tea parties
- Catered dinners
Event Rental Rates
- 1-49 Persons – $450 on weekdays; $600 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- 50-99 Persons – $600 on weekdays; $750 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- 100-149 Persons – $800 on weekdays; $900 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- 150-175 Persons – $900 on weekdays; $1,100 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Rental includes in-house Site Coordinator and use of Cottage linens, dishes, silverware, glassware, etc.
- There is a maximum of 100 guests indoors and up to 175 guests with rental of the Garden
- Rental of Garden or use of the front lawn is an additional $150
To reserve the Cottage, call our Cottage Coordinator, Bernard Turner, today at (478) 318-7057 or via email.
For more information, please download the rental contract here.